Truman is a Mayor-Council city. The mayor is elected every two years and members of the council on a four year rotation.
- Lynn Bronwlee, Mayor (2018)
- Brandon Mosloski, Councilor (2018)
Assignments: Police supervisor, street supervisor
- Jake Ebert, Councilor (2018)
Assignments: Mayor Pro-Tem, Planning & zoning.
- Brian Nickerson, Councilor (2020)
Assignments: EDA Commissioner
- Kathy Hendricksen, Councilor (2020)
Assignments: Public Utilities coordinator, Fire dept. supervisor.
The city council meets at 5:30 PM on the first and third Monday of the month. When meeting dates fall on federal holidays, the council meets on Tuesday. Meetings are held in the council chambers. Use the west entrance to City Hall, 101 East Ciro Street. To be on the city council agenda, please contact City Hall by noon on the Thursday preceding the meeting.
Click here for minutes of the City Council meetings.
Contact information for the council can be found in the legislative directory.
Other city assignments are as follows:
- Weed control: John Bosshart & Wayne Wiederhoeft
- Dog Control: John Bosshart & Wayne Wiederhoeft
- Park Committee: Duane Heckman & Ernie Jones
- Health Board: Dr. Chris Olsen & Police Chief Justin Jobe
- Public Utilities Commission: Kathy Hendricksen, Wayne Wille, Ron Kelley
- Official Bank: Profinium Financial
- Official Newspaper: Truman Tribune
- Civil Defense Director: Police Chief Justin Jobe & Fire Chief Dave Bentz
- City Attorney: Jim Wilson
- City Engineer: Bolton & Menk, Inc.
- Pool Commission: Faith Clow, Kim Breamer, Amy Werner, Kirsten Bressler
- Cemetery Committee: Faith Clow, Doug & Vickie Schwanz
- Economic Development Board: see EDA page
- Planning & Zoning Commission: see Building & Zoning page