- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by City Council
- Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the City operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the City
- Grants parade permits
- Grants street closures
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits City Council meeting minutes
- Responding to citizen concerns
The City Clerk serves as the link between City Council and citizens as well as between the City Council and city employees.
The office of City Clerk for the City of Truman provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the City Council. The City clerk also works to develop the City's annual budget, works with other administrators in the region, and performs other duties assigned to the manager per the request from City Council. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the City of Truman City Clerk.