Mayor & Council
Truman is a Mayor-Council city. The mayor is elected every two years and members of the council on a four year rotation.
- Terry Bentele, Mayor (Jan 21 - Dec 22)
- Brandon Mosloski, Councilor (Jan 19 - Dec 22)
Assignments: Fire Dept. Supervisor, Utility Supervisor
- Jake Ebert, Councilor (Jan 19 - Dec 22)
Assignments: Mayor Pro-Tem, Police Supervisor, Planning & zoning.
- Brian Nickerson, Councilor (Jan 21 - Dec 24)
Assignments: Street Supervisor
- Patricia 'Patty' Truax, Councilor (Jan 21 - Dec 24)
Assignments: Sanitation Supervisor.
The city council meets at 5:30 PM on the first and third Monday of the month. When meeting dates fall on federal holidays, the council meets on Tuesday. Meetings are held in the council chambers. Use the west entrance to the Municipal Building, 101 East Ciro Street. To be on the city council agenda, please contact City Hall by noon on the Thursday preceding the meeting.
Click here for minutes of the City Council meetings.
Contact information for the council can be found in the legislative directory.
Other city assignments are as follows:
- Weed control: John Bosshart & Wayne Wiederhoeft
- Dog Control: John Bosshart & Wayne Wiederhoeft
- Park Committee: Duane Heckman, Ernie Jones & Elliott Belgard
- Health Board: Dr. Chris Olsen & Police Chief Justin Jobe
- Official Bank: Profinium Financial
- Official Newspaper: Truman Tribune
- Emergency Management: Police Chief Justin Jobe & Fire Chief Dave Bentz
- City Attorney: Derrick Greiner
- City Engineer: Bolton & Menk, Inc.
- Pool Commission: Faith Clow, Kim Breamer, Amy Werner, Kirsten Bressler
- Cemetery Committee: Faith Clow, Doug & Vickie Schwanz
- Economic Development Board: see EDA page
- Planning & Zoning Commission: see Building & Zoning page